Collect Food for the L.O.V.E. Program
Food donations help us stretch our budget. We always especially welcome donations of pop-top / ready-to-eat canned foods, single serve puddings, and canned meat (tuna, chicken, etc)! Because many of our guests are homeless, we especially like donations of cans that have pull top lids and do not require a can opener. Foods that are easily portable and / or can be eaten out of the container (single serve soup or stew) are appreciated.
- Chef Boyardee canned ready-to-eat meals
- ready-to-eat Chicken Noodle, Vegetable Beef, or other “traditional” soup flavors with a pull top lid
- tuna, chicken, or Spam style canned meat
- jars of creamy peanut butter (not crunchy please)
- jelly in a squeeze bottle
- snack packaged cups of chocolate pudding or fruit
- Ramen noodles
- fruit juice boxes
- Ensure (or similar) nutrition drink.
You may place food donations in the collection bin near the FUMC church office at any time. A food drive is also conducted at the church on the first Sunday of every month.